Monday 7 July 2014

Combat Colin sketch cards for Aces Weekly!


The award winning digital comic Aces Weekly (now in its 11th volume) has a nice incentive for new subscribers: sketch cards, - a hand-drawn sketch on one side by an Aces Weekly contributor, and a secret code on the reverse. The idea being that these cards are available to buy at comic events for the price of a subscription to the digital comic. So, you choose the card you like, pay your sub, and not only do you then have a piece of original art, the secret code on the back gives you access to a volume of Aces Weekly at the official website when you get back to your PC or iPad or whatever.

Sketch cards from various artists are available, with each one featuring a brand new piece of art. As you can see from the photo above, I've drawn 12 new sketch cards and they'll be available at the London Film and Comic Con at Earls Court 2 next weekend at the Aces Weekly table where you'll see publisher/artist David Lloyd and other Aces. I'll be there myself too, on the Saturday only, so drop by my table and say hello! I'll also be doing sketches on the day, and bringing along a few copies of Brickman Begins to sell. 

4 comments:

George Shiers said...

Nice cards - the Professor Madprof is my favourite!

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks George. I was always pleased with that name when I came up with it in the 1980s.

Tiniebras said...

I absolutely love those cards! Unfortunately London's a little too far for a day trip for me. I'd love to see these as sketch cards on ebay though!

Lew Stringer said...

These won't be on eBay as they'll be touring the convention circuit with David Lloyd at the Aces Weekly stand. However I may do some Combat Colin sketches to sell on eBay soon.