Tuesday 15 November 2016

Announcing three new strips!

Remember that I'd said I was drawing new strips for a magazine? The material is in print this week as I join D.C. Thomson's Epic! magazine as a new contributor. 

I strips are all written by someone else (sadly uncredited) and I'm on board as the artist. There are three mini-strips which are…

Eric Fail, the boy for whom everything goes wrong!

Zombie Sports. Does what it says on the tin.

Terrible Movies. Short strips inspired by / spoofing popular movies. This month it's Harry Snotter.
Epic! magazine was previously titled Dennis and Gnasher's Epic Magazine until several months ago but now it's unconnected with the Beano.  Although it still has the same publisher (D.C. Thomson) Epic! is now part of the boys' magazine group, along with their Thunderbirds Are Go and Danger Mouse comic magazines.  It's a feature-led mag although it seems the strip content will be increasing as I've also been commissioned to draw a two pager for it starting next year, and I hear that another writer is working on another strip for the magazine. 

You'll find my new strips in Epic! No.125, on sale from Wednesday 16th November, in newsagents and supermarkets across the UK.

No comments: