Thursday 25 June 2015

The Dark Newt!

Although I've been working full time in British comics for over 30 years, one of the standout moments for me was creating a brand new character for one of my all-time favourite comics, The Dandy. I'd drawn other strips for the comic but The Dark Newt was the only one created from scratch by myself. A pondlife parody of Batman, The Dark Newt ran as a six part series in the summer of 2012. This episode is from The Dandy No.3592.

Will The Dark Newt and his sidekick Sarcastic Tadpole ever return? I don't know, but I'd certainly be happy to bring him back. There are a million tales still to tell about life in the small pond. Well, one or two anyway. It is only a small pond after all. 

2 comments:

Peter Gray said...

I would like to see it back..
was a shame the new Dandy summer special wasn't with new pages But recent reprints..love to see you bring back some new adventures of this and Postman Pratt



't

Lew Stringer said...

So would I, Peter. Thanks.