Tuesday 10 February 2015

ICE in Birmingham

I'm very pleased to be able to add another comic show to my events list this year by confirming that I've been invited to ICE, the International Comics Expo on September 5th in the centre of Birmingham.

I was a guest last year too and it was a very enjoyable event. Some conventions these days, fun as they are, tend to be overshadowed by film and TV guests, but ICE is solely comics-focused. There was a really nice sense of community last year and I'm sure that friendliness will be an attractive part of this year's event as well.

There's a great guest list so far, which includes Dave Gibbons, Charlie Adlard, Bob Layton and many more. Check out the website for more information including booking details:
https://internationlcomicexpo.wordpress.com/ 

We're living in exciting times for comic events these days. Time was when we'd have one annual convention if we were lucky, but there now seem to be events almost every weekend somewhere across the UK. It's a good time for fans and pros alike. I'm hoping to soon add more events to the ones I'm attending (not forgetting the other one in Birmingham in April of course) and I hope to see some of you there! 

No comments: