Monday 9 October 2023

Back from Comic Expo Bristol!

The convention venue.
 
Many thanks to Mike Allwood, his daughter Susie and their team for a good weekend at Comic Expo Bristol! Attended by genuine comics fans, the show was very enjoyable with a steady number of people visting the tables. I didn't do many sketches at this one but I was happy that I sold all the original art I brought along, plus a bunch of comics. 

Always good to catch up with friends in the industry such as Ian Richardson, Jeff Chahal, Shane Chebsey, Sam Morgan, John Higgins, Sally Jane Hurst, Alexus Savage, Alan Davis, Simon Williams, Simon Freeman, Graham Bleathman, Ben Cullis, Jo Heeley, Dave Heeley, Steve Tanner, David Roach, Kek Wretchmond, Michael S Kane, Jordan Thomas, David Broughton, Sam Denham and many more!
Thank you to everyone who dropped by for a chat or to buy art and comics. 
 
Bristol itself is always buzzing at the weekends and a great place to visit, with lots of bars and places to eat near the river. An excellent city for a comic con!
 
I didn't take many photos of the show unfortunately but here's a handful I did take..


With Jo Heeley and Dave Heeley of The77 Publications.

Ben Cullis, Jo Heeley and Dave Heeley of The77 Publications.

Awesome art by Graham Bleathman.

My table at the con.

Artwork I took along to sell.

Frank Bellamy and Mike Noble art on display, thanks to Graham Bleathman.

No comments: