Sunday 16 May 2021

Annual News

I had some good news on Friday in that I've been commissioned to be one of the contributors to the Dandy and Beano Annuals cover dated 2023! Those books will be out in August 2022 but we'll be drawing them this summer.

Usually, on weekly comics, we work about eight weeks ahead, but on annuals we work a year ahead! The reason? I'm not entirely sure but I think it's down to print schedules needing to be further ahead for books. 

The first script begins!
 

I'll tell you what I'm doing for the 2023 Annuals at a later date but in the meantime, there's The Dandy Annual 2022 to look forward to, which will be out this August. I wrote/drew four Keyhole Kate pages for that, plus a puzzle page, and you can pre-order it directly from the publisher at the DC Thomson Shop here:

https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/the-dandy-annual-2022


2 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

That's great news for you Lew, good to know these classic characters are still going strong

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Paul. It's interesting that they keep such vintage characters going, but very welcome all the same. Keyhole Kate may not seem very relevant today but I usually find a way to put a spin on the old "peeking through keyholes" plotlines. She had a long run in The Dandy and in Sparky so I'm sure there must still be stories to tell.