Tuesday 15 October 2019

My earliest BEANO work

I found it really tough to get work from D.C. Thomson at the start of my career. IPC, Marvel, Viz, and other publishers would use me but it took 16 years before the Beano would commission me. I've just realised it's been 20 years since my first Beano work appeared... these pages were in the Beano Summer Special in 1999...


I never did any more for the Summer Specials but I've since drawn lots of material for the weekly Beano, including Super School, Rasher, Ivy the Terrible, Lord Snooty, and of course Pup Parade, which is currently running in the comic. 




4 comments:

Manic Man said...

Nice work ^_^

On a side, any idea when the 'final' issue of Goof should be out?

Lew Stringer said...

Soon I hope!

Peter Gray said...

You did a very good job..enjoying Pup parade..

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Peter. No Pup Parade next week unfortunately. The Beano drop the mini-strips for special issues and it's Halloween next week. It won't be in the Christmas one either I'm afraid.