Wednesday 27 March 2019

Advance peek: Keyhole Kate (Dandy Annual 2020)

Here's an advance look at a panel from one of the Keyhole Kate strips I've drawn for The Dandy Annual 2020

I've written and drawn three full page strips featuring Kate for the book, which will be published around July/August of this year. I've been drawing the adventures of Keyhole Kate for the annual for seven years now, and I still consider it a privilege to work on one of The Dandy's original characters! (In case you didn't know, Keyhole Kate debuted in The Dandy No.1 back in 1937!) I also coloured and lettered the strip, and I designed the logo, so it's all me!

How can a character who's main attribute is snooping through old-style keyholes be relevant in the 21st Century? Well, it's not always easy to find a way, but that's the fun of it, and I think it still works. Kate's more manic, more obsessed than ever, and you'll see what she's up to next when The Dandy Annual 2020 is published later this year!

No comments: