Friday 8 August 2014

The Amazin' Spider-Guy


One of the wonderful things about Oink! comic was the flexibility of its format. It had its regular characters but it also featured many one-off strips. This was a perfect opportunity for contributors to experiment and to produce ideas that may not have had longevity but packed a punch for a stand alone story.

One such strip was The Amazin' Spider-Guy; a half pager I did for Oink! No.34, dated 8th to 31st August 1987. Obviously it's a parody of Spider-Man, and I really enjoyed doing my spin on Marvel's hero. I'm sure the gags would have worn thin if it had become a series, but it was intended as a self-contained strip.

If you'd like to see more strips from this issue of Oink! head over to Phil Boyce's brilliant Oink! Blog:
http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/34-half-time-show.html  

Also from that issue, I've posted a two page collaboration between Mike Higgs and myself called The Case of the Kidnapped Celebrities. Read it on my Blimey! blog here:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-case-of-kidnapped-celebrities.html

2 comments:

PhilEdBoyce said...

Thanks for the plug Lew! Also for the one in your Blimey blog. This has got to be one of my very favourite spoofs so far in the run, which is some feat with some running to pages in length compared to this. Brilliant!

Lew Stringer said...

You're welcome, Phil, and thanks for the kind words about the strip.