Tuesday 7 May 2024

Thanks again!

A big thank you again to all of you who placed bids on my art auctions, and congratulations to the winners. I'll be posting the art out over the next few days! 

If you didn't win, don't be downhearted. I'll be listing more soon!  

I'm happy to sell my old pages to collectors. I was just thinking that the ones from December 1990 onwards were all drawn in my current house, posted off to London back then, were returned to me after publication, and have been in my archives for the past few decades. Now I'm packaging those same pages up again to post at the same post office I used back then. 

I don't have any family to leave my artwork to so the best thing is for collectors to have them who'll appreciate the pages. I'm holding some back though for close friends to have after I'm gone.

I wonder what will happen to all the artwork in the decades to come? Will the families of the collectors inherit the pages? Will they be sold off again in auctions? Descarded and destroyed? Who knows? For now, at least, I'm grateful that people appreciate my work. 

No comments: