Sunday 6 August 2023

Classic Pete and His Pimple written by Charlie Brooker up for sale

As you know, I usually write my own comic strips but there have been exceptions. One example was back in 1988 when an episode of Pete and his Pimple was scripted by none other than Charlie Brooker!

At the time, Charlie was the youngest contributor to Oink! at just 16 years of age so this was a long time before he'd find fame on televsion with Screenwipe and Black Mirror! Back then, Charlie was a frequent contributor to Oink! both as a cartoonist and a writer. (His work was always funny!)

On this one occasion he'd submitted a script for Pete and his Pimple. Although I usually wrote it myself, Charlie's script was brilliant so I was happy to illustrate his story.

Now that it's come to a time in my life where I need to sell my original artwork I found that page the other day so I've put it on eBay. The auction runs for a week, ending next Sunday, 13th August.

I hope this collector's item will be of interest. You'll find the listing ar this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204420576732?hash=item2f986a75dc:g:s84AAOSwZRNkz8gh

The page is quite large (drawn bigger than printed size of course) but will be protected by strong card both sides and well packaged when posted to the winning bidder. Good luck!

**********************

No comments: