Tuesday 7 December 2021

Final art sale for this year!

This will be my final art sale for this year so things don't get held up in the Christmas post. I've just put a couple of original pieces on eBay. A Combat Colin (The Transformers, 1989) and the pencil and ink versions of a Daft Dimension (Doctor Who Magazine from 2019).

The auction runs for a week until next Tuesday evening (14th December). Good luck to all bidders! You'll see more photos of each piece in the links....

Combat Colin strip from Transformers No.231 (1989):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203742372966 

 

Daft Dimension Strip from Doctor Who Magazine No.538 (2019):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203742363330


6 comments:

Gareth said...

Any chance of a five quid sketch post free?

Lew Stringer said...

Afraid not. It'd still cost me a couple of pounds to post it and eBay take 12.8% of sale costs so it wouldn't be worth my time. Sorry.

Lew Stringer said...

Basically after eBay take 12.8% plus their .30p listing fee I'd be left with £4.06, and then postage costs taken from that and I'd end up with about £2. Sorry, I'm not doing that.

Manic Man said...

yeah, the eBay payment system change has been.. interesting.. in theory, it's .1% less fees then before (if you don't use paypal).. in practice? ... well.. if you still wanna use paypal, it's a higher fee amount.

and of course, as a freelance artist, you would have.. whatever the modern form of income tax is to pay ontop of that.. depending on how much you make in a year.. that's like 20% - 45%... sometimes cheaper to set yourself up as a company of one and pay corporation tax as a Limited company.. but this is going out of my field..

Lew Stringer said...

I haven't been earning enough the last couple of years to make it viable to set myself up as a limited company. I looked into it years ago at my accountant's suggestion but it's only viable if you can maintain an income that's above minimal wage. Otherwise you end up declaring your company bankrupt and that creates its own problems.

Anyway, thanks for bidding, and winning, the artwork Ryan. Will post it off tomorrow!

Manic Man said...

thanks ^_^ Looking forward to it