Thursday 30 April 2020

Have you grabbed your BARMY COMIX yet?

A reminder that my digital comic, Barmy Comix, is still available! The benefit of digital comics is they never go out of print and you can obtain a copy anywhere in the world within minutes!

The purpose behind Barmy Comix is that it fills the gap while you're waiting for the delayed Combat Colin No.5 to be published in print... and indeed contains a nine page advance preview of that issue amongst its 32 pages! 

What else is in there? Well, there are a couple of other Combat Colin strips, plus Brickman, Pedantic Stan, the Comics Fan, and Derek the Troll! Stuff dating from the 1980s to more recent times.

It also serves as an introduction to my work for those of you in other countries who might not be familiar with it. 

You can download it in PDF format at this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y5IH2SDBlpxbws_nqsndaLkZAgh1inzQ/view

It's free to download but in these times of very little work I'd appreciate a small voluntary donation of £2 by PayPal if you can afford it. PayPal address is:
lew.stringer@BTopenworld.com

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the comic! Let me know what you think by posting a comment below...

11 comments:

Chris Williams said...

Thanks for that Lew. it was a welcome bit of fun reading.
Well worth it.

Chris

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks for the payment, Chris. Glad you liked it.

Rick Cowling said...

Cool!
I hope you don't mind that I shared it on?

Lew Stringer said...

I presume you mean you shared the link rather than you sent the PDF to other people?

David said...

Hi Lew, I will be downloading it and doing the donation. Hope you don't mind, but I've got a question: I want to make my own comic to download too but I don't know how to do it. I am writing,drawing and colouring itbut just wondered. Thanks, David

Lew Stringer said...

It's not that straightforward but there are sites that explain it better than I could. The first think you need to do is save your comic as a PDF. As for making it available to others this might help:

https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9308985?hl=en

Brendoon said...

The paypal fees from NZ made me wince but Barmy Comix is COMPLETELY worth the exercise!
Thanks Lew.

Lew Stringer said...

I had no idea you have to pay more if you're abroad, Brendon. Sorry to hear that and thanks for the support!

Brendoon said...

Nil problemo...I just had to increase my donation to the point the fee didnt look so crazy, so that's gotta be good! It seems there's no fee in country but that it costs 'em more to send the numbers over the sea.(to a trusted recipient so I cover the charge at my end) I never see any hint of that when buying from an online store though. I'm sure the vendors aren't expected to cover that much or they'd charge 2 or 3 pounds extra every time. Odd.
However, it's a great service to have, so many times a credit card couldn't be used.

Lew Stringer said...

It does explain why I haven't heard from many overseas readers. I'm sure there must be a cheaper way to get digital comics to people outside the UK. I might have a look at Comicsy if I do another one.

Brendoon said...

Further intrigue... I paid for some zarjaz/dogbreath mags with the same account, coming to just over 20GBP and using Dave's paypal registered email address. I also paid in USD from the part of the balance which was already in USD instead of NZD.
This time Paypal didn't ask whether this was a "trusted recipient" (where I pay charges).
There was no charge for transferring overseas, this time. I'll chheck with Dave that he got the full amount.