Thursday 26 September 2019

Orders fulfilled

I've posted all the comic orders I had for this week, so those of you who ordered Combat Colin No.4 should have them tomorrow (or Saturday if the first class post is as slow as it sometimes is). 

Thanks again for supporting my self-published ventures. I should point out that I've almost sold out of Combat Colin No.1, although I'll be bringing some to Nor-Con this weekend. It will be going to a third printing at some point, but not yet. I need some more payments from mainstream comics to come through before I can splash out on another print run. This hasn't been a great year and essentials such as utility bills have to take priority. 

There are lots of people working in the UK comics industry these days, but sadly less work for everyone. It's not always shared out evenly, but that has always been the case. Remember the classic artists of yesteryear and how they were given less and less work as time went on? The style of comics have always evolved, and that's a natural thing and the right way to go, but sometimes it's forced and popular artists receive less work for no good reason.

Then there are the publishers who decide to cut costs by reprinting old strips. Case in point, Toxic magazine, which dropped me at Christmas but I've recently discovered is now reprinting my (not so old) Team Toxic strips. I receive no reprint payments for that. Again, a common practice from British publishers which dates back to the dawn of UK comics. 

If you want to buy a comic for your kids, pick up the Beano every Wednesday. My Pup Parade strip is currently running in there and there's tons of work by other creators too. If Doctor Who is your thing, buy Doctor Who Magazine every four weeks. It's 40th anniversary issue is coming up next month and I'm currently drawing my latest Daft Dimension for it, which will be extra daft for the occasion. 

Break over. Back to the drawing board! 

No comments: