Wednesday 30 January 2019

The classic characters are back this April!

I'm pleased to finally be able to reveal that the secret project I've worked on is a contribution for the all-new Cor!! and Buster Special that's coming in April! 

I've drawn a three page introductory strip, from a script by John Freeman, that features loads of classic characters from IPC and Odhams comics that have recently been acquired by Rebellion Publishing Ltd. 

It was a pleasure to draw so many characters that I'd read in my childhood such as Bad Penny, Sid's Snake, Frankie Stein, and many more. 

I'm still not sure of the full line up of content, but it will feature work by some 2000AD contributors so expect to see modern spins on familiar characters! 

Cor!! and Buster Special is published on 17th April at £4.99, available from WH Smith and newsagents (and comic shops too). You can read more about it (and see Neil Googe's cover) here:
https://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2019/01/announcing-cor-and-buster-special-for.html



No comments: