Wednesday 25 July 2018

PEDANTIC STAN comes to the London Film and Comic Con

Comics fandom is a far more diverse community than it was 30 years ago. Back in 1990 conventions were solely populated by pale young men in anoraks with rucksacks bulging with back issues. Well, that's not strictly true, but it was a humourous basis for Pedantic Stan, The Comics Fan, - a strip that John Freeman and I created for Speakeasy, the top comics news magazine of the time. 

Now, all of those strips (plus a special one I did for the UKCAC 1990 convention book) have been collected in a mini-comic that I'll be debuting at the London Film and Comic Con this weekend. (It'll also be available to buy from my website next week, after the convention.) It's 16 pages, A5 landscape, and costs £2.00 at the event.

LFCC tales place over three full days; Friday 27th July until Sunday 29th July, at the huge Olympia venue. You'll find me at table 29 on the first floor in the comics section. as well as Pedantic Stan, I'll also be bringing along my other comics, Combat Colin, Derek the Troll, and Brickman, as well as drawing sketches, so drop by and say hello.

Panel discussions:
The schedule so far is that I'll be on a panel on Friday afternoon at 2.00PM called Creating Worlds For Children, with Jess Bradley, Yasmin Sheikh, Grant Perkins, and Emily McGorman-Bruce. 


Then on Sunday, at 4.00PM, I'll be on a panel celebrating 80 years of The Beano with Nigel Parkinson, Emily McGorman-Bruce, and Danny Pearson.


If you're coming along to LFCC, drop by my table to say hello (and buy a comic and/or a sketch if you're interested), and I hope you can make it to the panel discussions too.

For more info on the event, see the convention site at this link:

https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com



No comments: