Wednesday 23 May 2018

Reviving the Troll

I started work on drawing the new Derek the Troll series today. It's going to appear exclusively in the new digital comic Goof! that will be launched at this year's Macc-Pow! convention on Saturday 23rd June. From that day onwards you'll be able to access the new monthly comic online on your phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Goof! will be an anthology comic featuring lots of single page strips from various cartoonists. The Derek series will be an ongoing serial with self contained chapters under the story title of Derek the Troll and the Quest for the Magic Whatsit!

Sign up for Goof! here:
http://www.goofcomic.co.uk

It feels good to be working on new Derek the Troll stories. He was one of the first characters I created for professional publications, way back in the mid 1980s for Games Workshops' Warlock and White Dwarf magazines. Even though I only produced a dozen pages or so back then, the character has been fondly remembered by many over the years. 

A few years ago I published a compilation of all the Derek strips (along with the complete Rock Solid, Space Hero, another early character of mine) in Derek the Troll No.1. It recently went to a second printing and you can buy copies from my webshop:
http://lewstringer.com/page7.htm


Before Macc-Pow! I have a few other conventions coming up, and one of them is this Saturday, 26th May, when I'll be a guest at Wigan Comic Con! I'll be bringing along my comics and doing sketches on request so I hope you can join us! More details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/652224921633407




No comments: