Monday 26 February 2018

Pause for thought?

I hated war comics when I was a kid, mainly because so many of them seemed to glorify it with the wider consequences rarely shown. Combat Colin was initially devised as a spoof of that type of macho nonsense, but over time I was able to develop it into other directions. The latest issue (Combat Colin No.2) reprints a story from 1988 that touched upon man's damage to the environment. A bit preachy perhaps, but I was grateful to Marvel for letting me do stories like this. It's possible to do a story full of pratfalls and puns and still include a message to hopefully give the readers pause for thought.

Combat Colin No.2. Available now exclusively from my online shop:
http://lewstringer.com/page7.htm

Combat Colin is ©Copyright Lew Stringer

No comments: