Friday 20 December 2013

Stocking Stuffers


If you still have a few presents to buy, don't forget that The Dandy Annual and The Beano Annual are still in the shops (if you're lucky). Both contain all-new full-colour strips of the familiar favourites. For my own small contribution I drew Biffo the Bear for the Beano book, and The Smasher and Keyhole Kate for the Dandy Annual. I really enjoyed drawing those classic characters. 



If you're looking for a comic annual for an older reader, and one who doesn't mind a bit of swearing and social comment, then Viz: The Camel's Toe is right up your street. 160 pages collecting strips and features from Viz Nos. 202 to 211. 

The Dandy Annual and The Beano Annual are £7.99 each, whilst the Viz book is £10.99, but you'll easily find them discounted in shops or online.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lew,

Just wanted to say have a good Xmas - I know like myself, you lost your mum recently and just wanted to say take care .

Paul

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Paul. It's a hard Christmas to get through this time but I hope you'll be ok and that 2014 will be a better year for all of us.